Happy Wednesday Tampa! Let all of you catch up to start today on an informed note.
In this issue, you will discover 813 Day, a new COVID-19 test site, a flagship Joffrey’s Coffee in Tampa, parents are removing masks at Hillsborough County schools, and more. Now let’s get started.
First, the weather forecast for the day: Wet all day. High: 93 Low: 76.
Here are the best stories in Tampa today:
1. Residents and companies are creative in showing their love for the area code 813 August 13. Participants are encouraged to post their “813” on their own social accounts using the hashtag # 813Day in support. (Tampa patch)
2. The City of Tampa open a new COVID-19 test site To Al LÃ³pez Park. The site is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Cordelia B. Hunt Center. The tests are free to the public and no insurance is required. (WFLA)
3. Joffrey’s coffee will open his flagship cafe To Downtown Tampa on Thursday at 9:30 a.m.. They will offer a variety of coffee and tea beverage options including espresso, lattes, cold brew, cold nitro brew, ready-to-drink offerings, plus premium iced and hot teas. (Tampa patch)
4. Hillsborough County says more thann 16,500 parents having completed the unsubscribe form for masks in schools or almost 9% of all students. That’s when the coronavirus rises in the regions and hospitalizations hit an all-time high and hospitalizations surpass 14,000. (Fox 13 Tampa Bay)
5. Following affordable housing comes to tampa with Legacy AGAIN!, which will have five floors and will have 228 apartments who are destined to become collective housing at market price. Other ongoing projects include The Independent at ENCORE !, The Adderley, Precinct Pizza and ENCORE Community Job Training Center. (83 Degrees Media)
Tired of overpaying for your prescriptions? BonRx helps you find the lowest prices for drugs at local pharmacies. Also works for pet medications! GoodRx is also helping bring the Daily to Tampa. Support our sponsor and see how much you can save by going to GoodRx.com.
Today in Tampa
- Breast ultrasound screening arrives directly at your home! (8h00)
- Small Business Consulting with SBDC – South Tampa Chamber of Commerce. (10:00 AM)
- Appearance of Daniel Tigre at the Glazer Museum. (10:00 AM)
- Ribbon Cutout for Canopy Road Cafe – South Tampa Chamber of Commerce. (11:00)
- Yoga In the Westshore Marina district. (10:00 AM)
- Hillsborough County Meeting of transport planning organization (Hybrid). (10:00 AM)
- Throw toddlers to the Collective of community roots. (1:00 p.m.)
- Reading Club – Hillsborough County Public Library Co-operative. (2:00 p.m.)
- Teens / Tweens Virtual Comic Club – Hillsborough County Public Library Co-operative. (5:00 p.m.)
- Heights night market at Armature Works. (5:30 p.m.)
- Tampa Heights Night Market. (5:30 p.m.)
- Technical subjects: College resources. (5:30 p.m.)
- Latin dancing, drinking and eating. (6:00 p.m.)
- Noche del Habano at the Haya hotel. (6:00 p.m.)
- Wednesday Gathering: Meditation, conversation and music service. (6.30 p.m.)
- Security Superhero Academy: Escape Plan! (6.30 p.m.)
Tampa Patch Notebook
- Tae Bae joined Tampa “Loud le 7” Festival in Ybor City next month.
- Greg Angel: “WATCH: Jen Psaki, White House Press Secretary: The Education Department is looking at a range of options to help protect teachers and students in Florida. Adds: Florida has not distributed any of the money set aside for them in the US bailout to help schools reopen safely. ” (Twitter)
- City of Tampa Jane Castor: “The @MyFDOT_Tampa and @cityoftampa have teamed up for the installation of a new traffic light at Dr. MLK Jr Blvd & 26th St, a popular pedestrian zone. So many residents, officials and organizations to thank for everyone of them playing a role in creating this neighborhood a safer place for everyone. ” (Twitter)
- TECO line tram: âCelebrate the place we call home # 813Day at @sparkmanwharf! Specials at $ 8.13 and more from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm on 13.13.21. Get off at @AmalieArena station.” (Twitter)
- City of Tampa: âCalling all student artists! Use your artistic expression to enter the Mayor’s Hispanic Heritage Committee Poster Contest! Kindergarten to Grade 12 students can submit by September 3. Winners will receive a gift card and their artwork will be on display at @FlyTPA! “(Twitter)
- Tampa Bay Hours: “Does the executive branch … even have the legal power to usurp the obligations of a local school district?” â¦ ” (Facebook)
- The University of Tampa: “The University of Tampa has been ranked as the safest college campus in Florida and the 19th safest college campus in …” (Facebook)
- Tampa Bay Hours: “” I feel quite anxious, or nervous or maybe even a little scared about what I’m doing to protect myself if I leave … “(Facebook)
- Tampa Bay Hours: “Mandate the masks or not mandate the masks?” This is the question that Florida school districts face when classes resume. ” (Facebook)
- Tampa Bay Hours: “It’s another weird school year and we wonder how you are feeling this week. Give us your feedback.” (Facebook)
- Tampa Bay Hours: “About 40 percent of incarcerated state-held people have been vaccinated. But staff vaccination rates are opaque.” (Facebook)
- Tampa Bay Hours: “At the press conference, Crist announced a new policy aimed at helping new residents make the transition.” (Facebook)
- Tampa Bay Hours: “Local meteorologists are not too concerned about the storm, which is yet to pass over the mountainous Caribbean islands …” (Facebook)
- Tampa Bay Hours: “The lawsuit exposes a number of ways Florida says the owner of Piney Point failed. But critics say there is another w …” (Facebook)
- Tampa Bay Hours: “Families of at least seven residents who died after contracting COVID-19 at the facility have filed complaints against his …” (Facebook)
- Tampa Bay Hours: “The Pinellas school district is moving full steam ahead with ‘highly recommended’ but not mandatory masks despite a Sc …” (Facebook)
- Tampa Bay Hours: “The pandemic has reshaped the way Americans exercise and revolutionized the fitness industry, accelerating the growth of a new e …” (Facebook)
- Tampa Bay Hours: âBusinesses large and small are reinstating mask warrants as coronavirus cases in the United States increase. ” (Facebook)
- Tampa Bay Hours: “” The point of this is that they made a deal to get higher densities, and now they got it one … “(Facebook)
- Tampa Bay Hours: “MPs said he told them he wanted to carry out a mass shooting of 70 to 80 people.” (Facebook)
- Tampa Bay Hours: “The motorcyclist, originally from Brooksville, later died of his injuries at a local hospital.” (Facebook)
- Tampa Bay Hours: “Some providers in Tampa Bay are helping seniors cut down on unnecessary – and sometimes risky – drugs …” (Facebook)
- Tampa Bay Hours: “Today begins the third school year affected by the coronavirus pandemic as students in Hillsborough, Pasco and Hernan …” (Facebook)
- Tampa Bay Hours: “College coaches across the country were counting on him. When talented players couldn’t afford his camp, he snuck them in …” (Facebook)
- Tampa Bay Hours: “Tributes to Bobby Bowden continued to flow from across the state on Monday, a day after the FSU football legend died.” (Facebook)
- TAMPA downtown magazine: “Counting the days until the Tampa Bay Lightning returns to the ice on October 12 ï¸ @tblightning #tam …” (Instagram)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
Concerts and services:
You are all caught up for today! See you soon. If you like these newsletters, consider bringing other friends and neighbors for the ride. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Carlos hernandez
About me: Hello, my name is Carlos Hernandez and I am a food writer with over 10 years of experience in the industry. I write the Carlos Eats Food Blog (http://www.carloseats.com) and I also contribute to several newspapers and magazines with food blogs and articles.
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Tampa Daily? Contact me at So[email protected]