TGIF, T-Town! Grab coffee and catch up with us before heading out this morning.
in today Dailywe have these stories and more…
- Veterans Day in Tuscaloosa
- Alabama Softball Signatures
- New cafe coming to Tuscaloosa.
But first, today’s weather: Sun and areas of low cloud. High: 76 Low: 50. ☀️
🏡 Are you tired of mingling with all the other real estate agents in Tuscaloosa? Stand out with premium sponsorship in our newsletter. Get valuable exposure for yourself and your ads to our dedicated readership. Contact us now to learn more about this exclusive opportunity.
🗣 patch cry 🗣
Our Shout Out for this Friday morning goes to the three new faces of the Alabama Crimson Tide softball team: high schoolers Jocelyn Briski, Kenleigh Cahalan and Lauren Johnson. The three stars each signed national letters of intent during the fall signing period. (After)
🗞 Here are today’s top 5 stories in Tuscaloosa 🗞
- ICYMI: Here’s our latest in-depth look at the drama unfolding at Northport City Hall after Mayor Bobby Herndon announced his resignation on Monday. Our latest report shows he was warned by the city attorney that his proposed street name change presented a possible ethics violation. (Tuscaloosa patch)
- A popular establishment in a nearby SEC college town is about to open its first location in Tuscaloosa, so learn more about Strange Brew Coffeehouse today! (Tuscaloosa patch)
- Check out this report on how the Legislative and Local Office races went in nearby Pickens County, which held races for state officials, mayoral races and more. (Chelsea Barton, WVUA 23 News)
- The president of the new University of Alabama Student Government Association, Madeline Martin, gave her first state of the school address this week. Here is what she said. (Alex Gravlee, Crimson White)
- After their second loss of the season, the Alabama Crimson Tide football team is set to travel to Oxford, Mississippi this weekend to face the Ole Miss Rebels. Click here to watch head coach Nick Saban during “Hey Coach!” live Thursday night. (Crimson Tide Sports Network)
Today’s Tuscaloosa Daily is brought to you by T-Mobile. T-Mobile has invested billions to power up its best network yet, covering 99% of people in America with LTE, helping to keep communities like ours informed and connected. We thank T-Mobile for their support and for making today’s Tuscaloosa Daily possible.
🗓 Today in Tuscaloosa 🗓
- Murphy’s African American Museum Veterans Day Event (After)
- Frank Ray @ Rhythm & Brews (After)
- Tim Tyler @ Copper Top (After)
- Inaugural Northport Veterans Day Parade (After)
- PARA Veterans Day Program (After)
🚨 Special Notice 🚨
Patch has partnered with T-Mobile for two new series: Local heroes and star student-athletes. The goal is to shine a light on heroes and star athletes in Tuscaloosa!
- If you want to nominate a local hero, click here
- If you would like to nominate a local athlete, click here.
❤️ Our media partners ❤️
Tuscaloosa Patch is proud to be a media partner of WVUA 23 News at the University of Alabama and Tuscaloosa Radio. Check out their great content and our headlines here and there on your cable company, online and, for our radio partners, on the following stations: 92.1 The Possum, 102.1 WJRD, Rock 106.3 and 96.1 The Blessing.
5️⃣ Other stories I read today
- Mayor Walt Maddox receives National Disaster Award at State Leadership Conference (Brittany Marshall, Tuscaloosa Thread)
- Alabama hires Josh Pierre as director of basketball operations (Charlie Potter, BamaOnline)
- Are concession prices at UA spiraling out of control? Three-And-Out (Joey Blackwell, Bama Central)
- Son of Alabama State Superintendent recovering after being hit by vehicle on UA campus (WBRC Fox News 6)
- State Rep. Nathaniel Ledbetter to be next Alabama House speaker (Josh Moon, political reporter from Alabama)
You are officially informed for today. I will see you soon!